Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Laura Mercier Lingerie Palette Review

Sometime in mid-January, before my vacation, I was looking for a travel friendly makeup palette that would be useable for spring and yet neutrally pretty at the same time. I'm not into bold, trendy colors because as a physician, I kind of need to look fresh and professional at all times. I've always liked Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer and was intrigued when I saw the colors for her Lingerie Eye and Cheek Palette. 


Laura Mercier :: Lingerie Eye and Cheek Palette (here)



As you can see, I've definitely used the palette and I have to say I ABSOLUTELY ADORE it! The colors work well for my skin tone, which is not pale but not tanned either (especially considering I live in the South where it's consistently sunny all the time). I like how it is feminine with the pinks, but neutral at the same time. I've made a brightening eye look, a smokey eye, and just used the darker colors as liners when I'm looking for a very fresh-faced look.

The palette includes 6 eye shadows x 0.05 oz and 2 cheek colors x 0.11 oz.


From top, Buff Pearl, Tawny Apricot, and Rich Cocoa. I have to say that these three together make an excellent dark brown smokey eye. The Tawny Apricot is a wonderful base color and the Buff Pearl is excellent as a highlighter and on the inner corner of the eye, whereas the Rich Cocoa has great color pay off and makes a terrific liner too!

From top, Rose Desire and Fresh Peach. The skin cheek colors work well alone, both are very natural on your face despite their look in the pan. I actually prefer to wear them together, putting the color on top that I want more of. I would have purchased this palette just for the blushes because they work really well for the spring/summer!


From top, Pale Pink, African Violet, and Black Plum. The best eye shadow in this palette is African Violet, which is the most unique color as well. It's got a subtly, sparkly sheen that is really pretty. The color pay off could be better, but since it's not that intense it works really well as a way to touch up an eye look without going over board with glittery fall out. It's become my favorite eye shadow! Pale Pink makes a pretty decent base when you don't want the sheen of Tawny Apricot and Black Plum makes a less intense grayish liner. Black Plum doesn't have the best color pay off, but if you can layer the color 'til you get what you need out of it. 

Really, the best part of this palette is that EVERY color is useable, which I can't say for every palette. FYI, Sephora is currently having 15% using the code CHICWEEK! I hope you enjoyed the review and I'll definitely review more makeup/skincare items as I purchase them. 

Enjoy the rest of the week!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that palette! Very cute! Check out my fashion blog:)
    http://fashionablefavorites.blogspot.com/
    Let's follow each other!

    ReplyDelete