Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Simple tee & jeans on a date

As I have gotten older, I have found that I feel more sure of what my style is, which is simple and clean. I like shopping at Urban Outfitters, J Crew, Loft, Banana Republic, and Forever 21 (and H&M, which will shortly be coming to a mall near me, thank goodness!). Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and H&M are where I find my fun "weekend" clothes; whereas J Crew, Banana Republic, and Loft is where I get my work "weekday" essentials. I will certainly shop at other stores, but those are my mainstays.

This weekend I went to meet with a guy I'm seeing at Pinkberry for some yummy yogurt. I chose to be casual because of the location and I ended up wearing this:


Top :: Forever 21 (here)
Bottom :: Gap 
Shoes :: Coach 
Bag :: Proenza Schouler (here)



I tend to spend more on my shoes and much more on my bags than I do on my clothes. I feel like if I stay in good shape and buy clothes that fit me well (or get them tailored), I don't necessarily need to buy really expensive items because they will look good regardless. Since I'm on a resident's salary, something has to give and for now it's the clothes. 

Below are a close up of the flats. I really liked them at the time and four years later, I still like them so they were a good buy. I like that the gold is a nice pop of color, but can be neutral depending on what you're wearing. Against this simple outfit, it provided a dash of much needed color. I did have to modify the flats though by cutting off the elastic band, but after I did that they were much more comfortable to wear. 


I definitely will splurge at times and the PS1 was an expensive purchase, but I think it's going to be a great workbag for me and I will get a lot of wear out of it. I debated for a good 6 months if I was going to get it and eventually I caved... and I'm so glad I did!


4 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with a white tee, jeans and flats! Good choice!

    <3 Nicole
    http://RealLifeDressUp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty obsessed with your bag!!

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete