Friday, May 4, 2012

Blue Stripes & Pink Clutch


It's been a rather whirlwind week as D came back home! He arrived a day early while I was eating with my good guy friend, B at Uchi's. I was a bit torn between catching up with B and wanting to rush over to see D asap as he's been gone twice as long as was originally expected; however, I finished out the delicious dinner with B and watched an episode of HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) at his apartment before meeting up with my boyfriend.  

If you haven't eaten at Uchi's, I highly recommend it! I will definitely have a post shortly about the yummy foods we tried out! Not only was it a great eating experience, it was an equally exceptional dining experience (i.e. service was top rate!).


Cardigan :: Forever 21
Top :: H&M
Bottoms :: Abercrombie & Fitch
Shoes :: Ann Taylor
Bag :: Proenza Schouler
Belt :: J.Crew



The problem of living closer to my residency program is that I don't get to live in town anymore and I have to think about when I need to drive in to see my friends... as most of them live in the city proper. I decided to head basically straight from work to B's office (even though I knew I'd need to wait for him to finish up working before we could go out for dinner). I made a quick pitstop at my apartment to change into a funner outfit, because honestly my work clothes border on boring (which is why they are rarely ever featured on this blog! :D!).

I had fun wearing my first pair of jeggings (late, I know!) from Abercrombie & Fitch. I bought them because they're gray and I have a weakness for gray jeans, and because they are so, so, so comfy! They literally feel like second skin and they definitely fit like second skin! I got them for about half off at $32, which was a decent price for what I feel is a fairly quality pair of jeggings. 

Because I've been craving stripes since I saw les anti-modernes' post on breton stripes, I was wondering what to pair my jeggings with when I ran across my H&M blue/white striped tank and decided it'd be perfect. All I needed was a cardigan... and I remembered I bought a drape-y dull blue cardigan from Forever 21 that would be match-y, but not too match-y. The only issue is the cardigan tends to go everywhere and doesn't drape all that pretty unless of course I belt it! I got this belt at J.Crew for a bargain at $9. Sometimes, if you're patient enough, you can find some great deals there!


I'm not really sure if my Proenza Schouler pochette worked too well in the color scheme, but it definitely provided a different pop of color into the outfit schematics. I've been wanting to use the clutch a bit more than opportunity has provided and what better time than going out for dinner? My last addition were my Ann Taylor Perfect Patent Kitten Heels. I love these shoes as the height is perfect, although the patent isn't quite as forgiving as the Perfect Leather Heels. Oh well, these are about as comfortable as heels get for me and I definitely recommend them!


The toebox is a bit pointier than the Perfect Leather Heels, which give them a slightly different look and works well in my opinion since I have the Perfects in black leather and did want a bit of a different look! 

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

3 comments: